Friday 2 January 2009

CATCH Cardiff Cat Rescue Christmas Fair

A little late in posting, but I've only just got around to sorting out photos.
On 29th November, I help a local cat rescue group (CATCH- feral cat rescue), with their Christmas fair. It was a long, cold day, with an early start. We collected donated otems at a central point (the leader of the rescue group's house), and took them to the school hall for the fair. A lot of carrying later, we were in the hall setting up. Luckily, the organiser, Heather, had made a plan of the hall, so we knew where to put everything. My contribution to the stalls, were handmade catnip toys, and vegan cupcakes. I was very impressed with my cupcakes, as this is the first time I've made them. I used a recipe from the marvelous book 'Vegan Cupcakes Take over the world', which is delightful to read, and had the most scrumptious recipes ever. I made the basic cupcakes, with lemon oil in the frosting, and the chocolate cupcakes. Both were delicious. Of course I made enough to have some myself :)
The day was very busy. Lots of bric-a-brac was sold, along with many , many homemade cakes and raffle tickets. I helped out on the haberdashery stall, which was not too busy, but it was fun, chatting with other helpers and visitors. The fair was from 12pm-4pm. We were all glad when it ended, it seemed like a long and cold day, and it was tiring being on our feet all day. Everyone was cheerful, and the rescue group made enough money to fay for quite a few neutering and medical bills for the coming year.
Here are some picture of the day, oh and, all the helpers wore christmas hats and outfits!!!!



a welcome break for some happy helpers!








2 comments:

Mishkat said...

This looks like a lot of fun - and for a great cause, too! Are you in any of the photos :)?

P.S. We finally started a blog, so please stop by if you get a chance..

Unknown said...

No, I'm not in any of the photos! I was quite happy to be BEHIND the camera!