Thursday 29 October 2009

My dear sweet Banshee died yesterday morning.

 
Posted by Picasa

Farewell to my beautiful Banshee. I'm so sad that she's gone, but now she's at peace, without pain. Cancer finally took over.I miss her. She was so graceful and elegant, and a real sweetheart. She lived with me for about 16 years. I took her in as a stray, she had given birth to kittens on wasteland near my home. I found her kittens a lovely home, and she came to stay, with her sister Phoebe, who has also had kittens (I found her one surviving kitten a good home too). Phoebe and Banshee loved to sleep on top of the kitchen cupboards. they became known as 'The kitchen cats'. The last few year or so, Phoebe developed a disease on her nose. It makes her cranky. All consultations have been inconclusive, but it's not cancer. Banshe very loyally put up with all her crankness, and adored Phoebe. Banshee developed cancer of the mouth. A biopsy revealed it was not operable and the type that does not respond well to chemotherapy or treatment. We tried Apricot Kernels, but I think it was too little, too late, also because the tumour was in/on her mouth, eating was not easy. Eventually she stopped eating, then drinking. I knew it was her final day yesterday, I could see it in her eyes. I went out to get my car from the garage (needed work on it), and by the time I got home, about an hour later, she was dead. She spared me having to euthanaise her, as I couldn't see her suffer any more.It was her time to leave this world. Bless my lovely Banshee. She rests with all the other dear, sweet kitties that have come into my life and passed out of this world, and I know they'll take care of her.

8 comments:

Maria said...

rest in peace beautiful banshee xxxxx


i'm pretty sure she's having a great old time in kitty heaven with all the other little kittens xxx

pey said...

Sorry for your loss, thinking of you.

Annette Tait said...

That's sad to hear Kim but you gave her a very precious life filled with love and she gave you so much love back.
Sending a hug and warm wishes.
Banshee will be looking over you now :)

M Dawson said...

Oh Sweetheart I am so very very Sorry.

We lost our Sooty to lymphoma and so I know your pain. Everyone would hug you if they could and hope to take the pain away.

Rest in peace loyal and loving Banshee.

Mishkat said...

Kim, I'm so sorry to hear about Banshee's passing. The cats and I are sending you and your family many purrs and (((hugs))).

Love,
Katie

Haley said...

Awww. I'm sorry to hear of your loss. Prayers for you and yours.

Christina said...

I stumbled across your blog and saw that your precious kitty passed. I am so very sorry. I lost my good kitty in April. I miss him so much. I will be thinking of you.

Unknown said...

Thank you all so very much for your kind words and thoughts.